Monday, February 15, 2010

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY (a day late)

Oh what's that phrase...oh yeah, "Better late than never."
I don't think its just a phrase anymore, it seems to a MOTTO. The motto that I live by...
These were the Valentine's that I designed for Natalie for Valentine's Day. I mailed a few to my family. I was late mailing them...remember what I said. I had them in time....and it looks like Natalie will be late giving them to her friends at school too. I also mailed them to her in time, but I put their old mailing address rather than their current address on the Priority Mail box. She did NOT get them in time. They came back here. And I don't guess it even matters because her school Valentine's Day Party was cancelled.
If I only I would have known, I would have saved money on shipping, but I would have spent gas money going to BR to pick her up before the snow came because her school party was postponed. Her school let out early! You know that other phrase: "Hindsight is 20/20." I tend to use that one a lot too. I wanted to go to BR Thurday to pick Natalie up so that she could be here the next day for the snow, but I did NOT want her to miss her school party. Because of the snow (which had already melted) and low attendance, her school let out at noon. This inconvenienced her mommy tremendously. My sweet little Natalie missed all the snowman building and snowball fighing that Frogmore had to offer Friday.
I wished now I would have had the attitude that she'll have other Valentine Parties, but you never know if and when we'll have another snow like the one that was coming and just went to pick her up!
Oh well....I hope you enjoy the greeting even if it is a day late. I had intended to do a mini valentine's portrait session with her, but time just didn't allow it so I made this from one of her Christmas Portraits that could have easily been a Valentine's Portrait too because she was just wearing red and white. I chose to do it in black and white because often reds tend to clash with other reds just as they did in the case of the digital scrapbook paper that I chose.
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
(a day late)
~~Natalie's Mimi~~

No comments: