Wednesday, April 29, 2009

WORDY WEDNESDAY (Part 4)

NATALIE'S FIRST (actually 2nd) VISIT TO THE LOCAL LIBRARY:

Today after lunch, Natalie and I went to town to run a few errands...one of which was going to the library. We've been reading some old volume collecting books from Sesame Street that I collected when her daddy was about two years old. The one that I read last night was about different jobs or places in your neighborhood (police, baker/bakery, fire fighter, mail carrier, construction worker, teacher, etc.). Librarian/Library was one of the places/people. So I thought what a great opportunity to take her to the local library. I don't have any photos...I still had my camera in the car from taking her to the park at Pineville after leaving Cari's orthodontist appointment yesterday to get her retainer, but I had my long lens...really just too much for the library. So again, I am documenting this special day to me and Natalie through words only (no photos). It wasn't her first time to go and someone else her mom or Nonna may have taken...in fact, she may have go with Brittany to library. It seems like I remember her mentioning it, but I am not sure. It is actually her 2nd time, but the first time she was very young. She around two...I think before her birthday. She was really beginning to enjoy books. So I thought it was time to introduce the library to her. She wasn't as ready as I thought she was. This time she totally understood about being quite at the library. She was all about whispering...well, at first she was. It was very great attempt on her part. I do think she may remember this as one of her first trips to the library. She was so excited picking our her books!

We came home and read all twelve books that we picked out. It was such a special time. She enjoyed all the new stories so much!

~~Natalie's Mimi~~

No comments: