Monday, January 19, 2009

SOOOOO BEHIND!

Okay, I know I am so behind on updates. But the holidays always take so much out of this blogger...this year was no exception. But I am seriously going to start trying to catch up by back tracking and going forward until hopefully I am caught up again.

I don't have any photos to post. I didn't even take any this weekend..."Bad Mimi". But I guess I just wanted to enjoy my time with Natalie w/o getting the camera out...after all the camera ends up being more work that I am behind on...editing, blogging, etc.

While Cari and Brittany went to the Miss Vidalia Pageant, I enjoyed some time with my little sweetheart. I had intended on us making cupcakes, but since it had been so cool and also cloudy, I really didn't want to leave the house, but Randy called from the deerstand and said that if we went to the store he wanted the stuff to make 4-Layer delight--something that he started craving while he was shelling and eating pecans in the deerstand...maybe that's why he never saw that "big one"! So I realized even though it was cloudy, it wasn't as cool as it had been the last few days. So off we go to wal-mart...to buy my list (I try to keep an on-going list for the next time we go to wal-mart) and stuff for two desserts (4-layer delight and cupcakes). So along with food, and few misc. items, Natalie also ended up with her new favorite movie: THE RESCUERS DOWNUNDER!

We enjoyed our time with Natalie.

  • We made cupcakes.
  • She decorated them with sprinkles.
  • We watched Rescures Downunder.
  • She fixed my hair.
  • We played with Doctor (with her new doctor kit that she loves...$5 at Target well spent)
  • We read our new FANCY NANCY Book
  • We ended up sleeping in Sunday (too much drama in our lives sometimes that we can't seem to get it together for Sunday a.m.--I won't go into details...some of you know)
  • We picked Cari up in Vidalia. Natalie barely noticed her getting in the vehicle because she was so engrossed with the new movie.
  • We had lunch at La Fiesta.
  • I didn't order Natalie an individual meal or side dish because she had a late breakfast and had a snack and a cupcake...so when she still seemed hungry after I gave her my refried beans---
  • I ordered her her own...this like a whole plateful of beans--SHE ATE IT ALL !
  • Randy took Cari to dance while I finished feeding Natalie the beans...she fed herself the last few bites. Yes, she can feed herself, but I often feed her to encourage her to eat more and now she asks for you to feed her sometimes. I know that's probably not so good, but I am sure she won't be asking me to feed her at her graduation dinner!
  • Natalie didn't even realize that Cari was gone until we got in the car.
  • I explained to her that she was gone to dance. I asked if she wanted to watch her dance. [I meant later. Cari is dancing in the Pilgrimage in Natchez.]
  • When we got home, Natalie did not want to get out of the car. She kept insisting that she wanted to watch Cari dance. Oh No! It is so hard to explain to a three-year that you mean later.
  • I was very tired and I thought she would be too. We watched Rescuers some more while Randy went to pick up Cari and Alexa.
  • I thought this would be a great opportunity for us to take a little snooze...I took a catnap...Natalie watched the movie!
  • Natalie was tickled to see Alexa! She had not seen her in a while! So she bugged them (I mean visited them), while I fixed some supper and cleaned the kitchen.
  • After we ate, we played a Dora board game. She had so much fun playing that game!
  • To calm Natalie down--she was bouncing of the walls [something that seems to accompany no nap], we got ready for a bath!
  • She played a while with one of her bath toys. Then I took care of business washing her hair.
  • While she was in the tub, her parents arrived.
  • She was very happy to see them and leave with them with them when there were ready to go.

I had wanted to think of something special to do with Natalie while they attended the pageant. Since it was so cool and Natalie still had her bad cough, I am glad we could have just as much fun staying in!

~~Natalie's Mimi~~

No comments: