Monday, February 9, 2009

GREAT FUN!

I haven't even removed the memory card from the camera for proof to back up the title of this post! But trust me it was great! Since I am on this kick about eating healthier and getting more exercise, I have been trying to think of family activities for us to do that does not involve going out to eat. Eating out has been our main hobby for the last 5 years or so and boy does it show! I had thought of bowling, but then I when I realized it was going to be a pretty Saturday, golf came to mind.

Now I am sure you are thinking..."I didn't know Jami played golf." Okay, okay, I don't, but I can take lots of photographs and ride around in a golf cart while others do. I have always told Randy that when the kids grow up (leave home), I will have more time and I will learn then--I know it will be a nice outdoor activity for us to do together. Since we are less than two and half years from the empty next, I really think it time that I take an interest in some things like this for us to do together!

So I had the idea about the golf as stated earlier when I realized how pretty it would be. I told Cameorn to bring his and Natalie's clubs when they came. Cameron has been sick and so they didn't get off that early, but they did get here in time for us to play few holes. It was far from a serious game for anyone. No one (Randy, Cameron or Cari) had played in a while. Brittany and I are great specatators! Randy and Cameron were sure that Natalie would get bored with golf right away. So I thought Casey's kite idea could go along with this one. So Brittany got an inexpensive kite and some bubbles (just in case).

Natalie had so fun playing golf...she was just delightful to watch. Giddy is the one word that would describe her enthusiasm. It was fun for all us to watch her excitement. We did finally get the kite out. The wind had died down...so our timing wasn't the greatest. But Guess What! The wind from a speeding golf cart is just right for flying a small kite. It was hilarious! I don't think we got any photos of that...that is of flying the kite from our golf cart.

[as i was finishing this up, i remember this most special moment that also when I changed the time from "great time to great fun".] AS WE ARE GETTING IT ALL TOGETHER BACK INTO THE CARS, RETURNING THE CARTS, ETC...NATALIE PROUDLY EXCLAIMS "I HAD GREAT FUN!" I get a lump in my throat as I remember the sweetest memory that we shared with her. Great fun...what kind of phrase is that. I think it is a combination of Good Time, lot of funs...but even better was GREAT FUN...from the mouths of babes.
Randy had made his famous brisket the night before...so we came home, I cooked some veggies to go with it. It was a great meal with family in our own home visiting and catching up. Sometimes the best things in life are the most simple! I thank you God for family!

[I will try to add images soon. I know I have been such a slacker lately, but I am trying to catch up and all.]

~~Natalie's Mimi~~



No comments: