Tuesday, October 9, 2007

COTTON FIELD PORTRAITS 2007: October 1, 2007

I tried again the other day to get my cotton portrait of Natalie. I was thinking it could be our official Two Year Portrait. It is just too hot to get outside around her birthday and now that she is two I don't think it has to be the exact date. I still wasn't very pleased. In other words, I don't know if I like any of these enough to be my large wall portrait. I may try again in a few weeks, but it won't be in the field behind our house as they picked it a few days later.
You can see how long her hair has gotten. We are thinking of cutting it one length soon. It doesn't usually look this pretty and since she has never had it cut...I think it is time for her to get her first trim. I know it will thicken up so much.
This is quite a mischevious look...which was the mood she was in at the time!

I like this one. It is so sweet.

This is a pastel effect that I tried on this one.




I like the lighting and expression, but I wished she had been closer to the cotton field.


This is her saying "I don't know?" She really didn't want to be do this anymore, but I kept trying. So I asked her where is the cat.

Same one with pastel tone...


Cari tried to help. Neither one of us could get her to cooperate any longer. And you can tell in Natalie's expressions in these with her and Cari.



That's the end of the cotton portrait for today!

These two are a few from earlier in the day from my new point and shoot camera. I havent' bonded it with it yet...
In other words, I am not comfortable using it. The above image in the chair is her posing with Precious. This one is her putting on some socks that she got out her drawer...some that she wasn't supposed to get into.
So that was Monday, October 1, 2007. ---Natalie's Mimi




1 comment:

Avery's Mommy said...

omg it is BEAUTIFUL. i would love to get some cotton field pics w/ avery about that age!