Friday, March 20, 2009

A FLOWER FOR POPPA

YES, NATALIE SAID THAT SHE WAS MAKING THIS FLOWER FOR POPPA!
After we put the cake in the oven (from previous post), Natalie asked to play with Play Doh. I really, really did not want to get it out and make the typical mess that is made with that particular activity, but she said pleeeeeze, Mimi! Could you resist that?
ABOVE: Playing with the ice cream play set that she got for Christmas from Aunt Cari!


And yes, that is chocolate around her mouth. Who can bake cake without licking the beaters? Well, not me or Natalie!

The bad thing about this cute little ice cream play doh set that Natalie had seen at Wal-mart and asked for is...not enough sprinkle play doh or chocolate ice cream play doh. Once you start playing, the colors mix and you end of having really funking colors. So since the doh itself isn't really that expensive, I throw it away after it mixes.

Another serious, "I am concentrating" expression!


and a "cheese"

It really is hard to push the lever down...even for Mimi.

Our ice cream creations:
Chocolate cone (see some of the pink mixed in?)


Strawberry with some kind of swirly cherry on top. LOL


Next, swirly ice cream with a pink cherry on top...

I got online trying to see if I could purchase the same play doh that came in the ice cream set: sprinkles, chocolate, etc. I could not find that, but I did find some play doh patterns or instructions...however you want to put it. So I showed Natalie this one that I thought I could do with her....not advanced stuff for this Mimi. (The instructions were grouped: basic, intermediate, and advanced.)

The flower in comparison with her hand.

Poppa posing with Natale since he was very pleased with his flower!
(03.14.08)

That was almost the end of our day last Saturday. Soon after this her Nonna came to pick her up. We had a really nice afternoon together. And I looking forward to seeing her this weekend.
~~Natalie's Mimi~~

1 comment:

theglenns556 said...

Man...that ice cream looks real. It made me want ice cream early on this Friday morning!