Wednesday, May 7, 2008

FREE KITTENS!

FREE KITTENS!!!! I have several things that I want to post and this was actually one of the last things in the order of events, but I really need to give a way these kittens.
I had been planning for the last few weeks to get these kittens in the studio and do some cute photos with my new prop. I bought two of these recently. I do have some cute images of a baby boy to post in the other one, but I am so trying to stay in order with my portrait blog. But after I saw another photographer use this same prop to photograph a dog for his/her pet portrait, my wheels started turning...what about a litter of kittens. I really wished I had done these about a week or so ago when they were a little smaller. They might have all looked at me at the same time then. At least I could have got them all in there w/o them jumping out. They mature so quickly. They have officially moved to the back porch. I was soooo tired of them in my new utility room that Natalie had re-named the kitten room or was it "kit" room because usually calls them the kits.
The next image is Cari's friend, Trey, and Natalie trying to put the kittens in the flower pot. I won't call him her "boyfriend" since it isn't official yet, but they are "talking". If you are young, you get this terminolgy or if you have a teenager or spend a lot of time with one, other than that it doesn't really make since. But I have seen this boy often over the last few weeks and Cari "talks" to him all the time and let's not forget the texting! But so far, I think he is okay too (wink). He is very helpful and courteous and kind enough to help out with the kitten portrait session. Okay, I posted this to the blog before I finished adding text to see how it was gonna look.
I made the flyer that was shown first in this group of images to hang at our local convenience store in hopes of these kittens finding a new home. We were ready for them to go out, but hated to put them out since we really don't have a good place for them outside since we are in the middle of this house re-modeling. There have been workers here this whole week. But fortunately, they are aware of the height of our back steps and have decided that for now that the back porch is their new home (the back steps are much steeper and seem more dangerous thatn the front...which we do not even have at this time). Which is fine except for the fact that Mama Cat has been doing her job or either she is just tired of six kittens nursing. She has brought them a total of two rats and one mouse in the last three days, not exactly the sight you want to see as you walk out the door.
Aren't they cute? You can really tell how much they have grown since the last post was also of Natalie and the kits too.
While attempting to do an individual photo of each kitten so that I could do the collage of them kittens, Trey tells me how this one kitten is all laid out. I was trying to capture them looking over the edge.
This is him. I couldn't see this from my angle so I handed him my camera. So this image was photographed by Trey. Pretty cute, uh?
This is what I was trying to get of each kitten. But pets are like kids, you never get exactly what you were going for, so you better be happy to get what you can.
Randy hung the sign yesterday and so far no calls. (Att least I hope he did...it could be still sitting in his truck along with the Scotch tape that I gave him. I don't think I remembered to ask him if did indeed post our FREE KITTEN FLYER.) These kittens would make a great pet and they are worth their weight in gold if you live in the country and ever have rodent problems. They are also very tame and like people (which was our goal by keeping them in the house verses the wild ones that we had before)! We plan to keep one of the males and maybe another one. I thought I had two already given away, but Mrs. Ann hasn't been by to pick them up. I will even throw in images from their first portraits for any takers! LOL

Natalie certain isn't going to understand them leaving here, but I don't think I can handle eight cats!

That's it for now. I have to get on the phone with my lab to order Cameron and Brittany's wedding invitation. I am doing a photo invitation (of course!). But it is a little different in what I have done in the past (linen paper and text on the reverse side) so my lab has to walk me through this new program that I have never used.

~~Natalie's Mimi~~