Thursday, May 29, 2008

Wedding Shower 2

THE BRIDESMAIDS' SHOWER.
This shower was hosted by the bridesmaids (and probably their moms too). The above image from left to right: Cari (bridesmaid and sister of the groom), Mary Katherine (bridesmaid) Brittany (bride, Natalie's mommy), Katie (maid of honor) and Tori (bridesmaid).
The next image is the towel cake that I made. I was looking up something else online for the wedding and I ran across the pattern for this. It seemed simple enough and since the shower was coming up...

The is Natalie checking out the LSU towel cake. I think she thought it was really and wanted a piece. The child loves cake just like her Aunt Cari. I wanted to make it wedding cake looking, but I wanted to towels to be very used in their LSU themed bathroom.

This is some "save-the-date" cards that I did for the shower also. This is kind of new. It is something that you can send out up to year before the event to let people know so that they can put it on their calendar. We considered doing this, but since we were also busy this past year, we decided not, but then I thought it would make a nice little momento for the shower guests.

A close-up image of the TOWEL CAKE.

I brought crayons and coloring books to entertain Natalie and Emma, but they forgot all about that when Brittany started opening her gifts. They thought that Brittany really needed their help.


When Cari and I attended the shower the weekend before, they played a game with a gift starting with the first letter of B-A-B-Y S-H-O-W-E-R. Since Cari was one of the hostesses for this one, we made up our version of this game with it spelling Brittany and Cameron. I think Brittany and the guests really enjoyed it. Cari and I enjoyed coming up with everything...some of them were quite difficult to come with and we had several letters the same like a, t and n. This actually seemed some of the activities I play with Natalie. B is for BOWLS.

Y is for yellow wash cloth (one of the hard ones).

Natalie's little friend, Jonah, made an appearance at the shower. He was looking for his mommy!
Lots of help from Natalie.
Another tea set for their China set. I just love the design that Brittany chose.
The hostesses, their moms, and few additonal hostesses that didn't have a bridesmaid daughter (Judy Pugh and Cherry Moon). Thanks everyone!
The Bride and her family. I teased Cari about this one. It was like she didn't want to be close to her mom. I guess I am really that cool, uh?
It was a very nice shower. I think Brittany really enjoyed it and I know that she and Cameron received a lot of nice gifts. Thanks to everyone involved. I am sure Brittany has already sent out most of the thank you notes (that is if she ever got that notebook from Cari), but if she hasn't I am sure she will soon. I want to thank everyone who made this day special!

I am late posting these late, but better late than never, uh? I had already uploaded them to the blog site, but I had not added the text and hit the button to 'PUBLISH POST'. So these will show up below the wedding images in the proper order.








No comments: