Saturday, May 17, 2008

SLEEPING BEAUTY: MY LITTLE SWEETHEART

This sweet, sweet, bundle of energy, often strong-will child, Natalie, is often the reason I am so behind on so many things in life (business/work, housework...well, everything). But I think she is pretty darn good reason.
I still remember I was having a bad day the that I photographed these. I had a client send an email that was informing that she upset/disappointed in something. I won't go into details. I did my best to bend over backwards to make the person happy. That morning while I was working on the computer trying to take care of this, Natalie fell asleep on the couch while watching one of her shows. I hate for her to fall asleep before lunch(she needs to eat) like she did this day. I love that she has always taken good naps or I would not have been able to spend as much time with her as I have and still run a business. I often feel like I don't do a very good job anymore with my business. I find I continue to put more and more time into things that I didn't used to put so much time into just trying to make sure that the images "are good enough". I try to photograph less or put less into it, but I can't. I just want to give everybody the best of me...which ends of taking a lot more time than other photographers. I do have intentions of getting some help this summer and after I do and if I still can't seem to manage my business time, I am seriously considering doing something else (clueless as to what) because I know I can't really change my style because my style is my personality. I really don't want to quit, I really just want to learn to manage my style and time so that I can continue doing what I love best. So those of you who do pray and pray for the little things in life, please pray that I can learn to do this. I don't want to quit doing something that has become such a part of my life, I really, really enjoy what I do. I don't enjoy letting people down because of my turnaround time and I don't like being so stressed about that and many other aspects of it all. I just want it all....is that too much to ask for? Well, maybe, but I think you know what I mean.
These images were photographed the same day as the bubblicious fun day that has already been posted...which is probably why I took a break from the computer and played. We all need to play with the ones we love. Don't you think?
~~Natalie's Mimi~~

No comments: