Thursday, May 15, 2008

MOMMY AND DADDY'S WEDDING SHOWER

I am very behind on this one since we just had the 2nd shower. I had a problem with my white balance on these images so I put them on the back burner because I knew they would all need to be converted to black and white images. If you are a photographer, you may understand what I mean about white balance. My white balance had been set for the last job that I did with the camera. I thought I had put it on (auto white balance which is what I often do for candid images/non professional work). But through the rush of everything I forgot to do that. So with that being stated all these images will be black and white.



The first image is Brittany opening one of the first gifts. Cari listing them in a note pad for B and Katie (her maid of honor) looking on.



The next image was brought to my attention by the mother of the little girl feeding Natalie. Natalie loves cake and she will take it any way she can get it. (LOL)
Natalie thinks it is a birthday party and was sure her mommy needed her to help her open the gifts. I think the other little girls looking on want to help too.

This was a gift for Natalie brought to her by my oldest and best friend since junior high. Later I asked Natalie who brought her this wanting to make sure she knew that Cheryl brought her the gift. Her answer was "Santa Claus?" True Enough! The last time she received a nice big gift like this that was wrapped it was from Santa! YOU GOTTA LOVE THAT BIG, POSED, CHEESY SMILE.

AFTER A FEW MINUTES OF TRYING TO PHOTOGRAPH THIS EVENT, CAPTURE MEMORIES FOR OUR FAMILY AND WANTING TO VISIT WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY I GAVE THE CAMERA TO KATIE...


I THINK THIS IS CARI AND BRITTANY DISCUSSING WHAT TO CALL THIS SO THAT SHE CAN WRITE IT DOWN...THOUGH I AM NOT REALLY SURE. THIS ISN'T A GREAT CAPTURE OF THIS AND THIS TINT COLOR IS WRONG SINCE THE ORIGINAL FILE COLOR WAS WRONG BECAUSE OF THE WHITE BALNCE THING, BUT THE "A" DIDN'T SHOW UP AT ALL IN JUST BLACK AND WHITE. I BOUGHT THIS AT A GIFT SHOP IN MEMPHIS IN THE PEABODY HOTEL WHILE WE WERE THERE. I WANT BRITTANY TO CARRY IT WITH HER BOUQUET. IT CAN BE ONE OF HER MANY "NEW" ITEMS FOR THE WEDDING. YOU KNOW...SOMETHING OLD, SOMETHING NEW, SOMETHING BORROWED AND SOMETHING BLUE. IT IS ACTUALLY PINK AND HAS MORE DETAILING ON IT AND IT MAY ACTUALLY BE HER FIRST "A" MONOGRAMED ITEM. I HAVE ASKED HER TO HANG ON TO IT AND IT CAN BE CARI'S "BORROWED" WHEN SHE GETS MARRIED AND WHEN NATALIE GETS MARRIED IT CAN BE HER "OLD". I also bought several other embroderied hankerchiefs for the moms, grandmothers and the aunts on my side of the family. Though I don't think they will be big enough.


Natalie and her mommy (the bride), the mother of the bride, Natalie's Nonna and Emma (Natalie's aunt, sister of the bride and flower girl), Natalie's Mimi (mother of the groom...me) and Natalie's Aunt Cari (also Bridesmaid)


This the girls in my family along with my mom, Natalie's GiGi. (I am not sure who me and my mom are looking at, but it wasn't the camera. lol)
Brittany and her hostesses (the women of Ferriday First Baptist Church)

Brittany and Cari (Cari has called Brittany her sister for a while now) This is my neice, Brooke, with Brittany and Cari.
This was thrown back together for the photo. I realized that I had not photographed it. It's called their little "Nest Egg". It had cash in it. This was the hostesses' gift from the women.
A few special out of town guests (my mom, my best, Cheryl, and her daughter-in-law with Baby Chloe in the oven still baking)
My sister, Jackie, and her daughter, Brooke.
I don't think I truly captured all the images of the special occassion as a photographer even with help from Katie. It's just so hard to visit with family and friends and be photographer too. Which is why I do have a special friend, photographer, capturing the wedding images. I am still trying to decide if I will have a camera handy too. I think I would feel to weird to be there w/o one, but yet it is always nice to enjoy an event w/o the pressure of capturing all aspects of the event.

I have more to catch up with. I am so trying to catch up with work and blogging so that I will be caught up so that I can post wedding images soon after the event. As I scroll up, I see this post is more about Natalie's mommy than Natalie, but weddings showers, engagement portraits, bridal portraits and weddings are a very big part of Natalie World too.


~~Natalie's Mimi~~




No comments: