Sunday, March 16, 2008

NATALIE'S ENGAGEMENT SESSION

Well, not Natalie's engagement exactly, but I think its hers too...not just her parents. When she was being silly or uncooperative her daddy asked if this was a family portrait session or engagement...did I normally do the child with engagement...the answer is yes if the child comes first. But the only real problem is dealing with a not-so-cooperative two-year old. But no one can deny that is one is so sweet. I know I love it. Maybe not technically perfect, but close enough to perfect for me (since they are mine)... You would think so too if you had been there. "I guess we should have brought Jonah". The inside joke of that is that Natalie wanted her photo done when it was Jonah's session the other day. So his mommy offered to bring him the next time I wanted to photograph Natalie. (LOL)
This next image is a typical version of what we got more than the above image...though most of them weren't this pleasant...many involved threats of "the spanking stick" and bribery of ice cream and the like...but you must admit this makes you laugh outloud too!
I love poses with children holding their parents hands. This one has a quirky expression. Isn't it funny the expression that you capture when you are freezing (photographing) at 1/125 of a second. Of course, at this point, I am just pleased that she is looking at the camera. This session made me so glad I am not their wedding photographer! I have already started praying that Natalie will be on her best behavior on the wedding day (probably a little to much to ask for, uh God?)
I love, love this with her looking back at me.
Isn't this so sweet (even with the band-aids...so much a part of childhood)?

Okay that's the end for now.
~~Natalie's Mimi~~

1 comment:

Baylee's Mommy said...

These are REALLY good. I check out your two blogs daily. Like I have told Nicki...you do GREAT work!!