Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A LITTLE FLOWER GARDEN

This first image is supposed to have appeared further down toward the bottom with the other close-up of her. I was just trying to get her to look at me to capture a few sweet ones of her beautiful face and show off those pretty eyes in the natural lighting that God provides for us. After I accidently deleted it, I had to go back and get it. It was such a good one of her eyes that I couldn't leave it out...sometimes when I accidently delete one (not as often as I used to do), I just leave it out, but not this time. So you just have to view this one out of sequence...oh well.

NATALIE PLANTS FLOWERS... I had this idea of Natalie planting some flowers and watch them grow. So the day we went to the circus we went to Wal-mart to buy some to plant. She picked out all purple flowers (not that they had the greatest selection). We found the cute little Veggie Tales knee pad and Dora gardening gloves. I know I have seen them, but I could not find gardening tools for a child (except the longer handled rack, shovel, and hoe...that was an accident waiting to happen). So I found these inexpensive small tools for her to use. She didn't quite understand what to...how do you explain "dig a hole" to a child who has never dug a hole much less seen anyone dig one.
My first attempt this year to French braid her hair. I could have done better, but she is so tender-headed. She started crying and whining...so this is what you get. But it worked. It kept the hair out of face.


After we bought the flowers, we had all those days of rain. So finally we had a pretty day w/o a million things going on...so we made plans to plant our flowers. This is where they stayed since we brought them home. In this image she is picking up one of the sets of 6 to take over the flower bed that we started.

I tried to get her to stop and pose for me with her pretty flowers. As you can see, she stopped, but she didn't look at me. She felt the need to run them over there.

Papaw trying to teach her to dig.

I did get one pretty good eye contact. Doesn't she has a sweet face?
This is her holding one of the flowers after she planted it.



After about planting three or four flowers, this is where we found Natalie. She helped herself into her swing. She loves this swing. She loves doing "twists" in it....not just a slow twist, really fast. She is so going to love thrill rides at theme parks (like her mommy not her mimi).
THAT'S IT FOR NOW. I TOOK A LITTLE BREAK FROM WORK MONDAY EVENING TO DO THIS WITH NATALIE AND HER POPPA...THOUGH I THINK POPPA ENDED UP PLANTING MOST OF THE FLOWERS. HE AND NATALIE WILL HAVE FUN KEEPING THEM WATERED. GARDENING IS MUCH MORE HIS HOBBY THAN MINE. I JUST LIKE THEM IN THE BACKGROUND OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS (LOL).

~~NATALIE'S MIMI~~



No comments: