Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A NEW LITTER OF KITTENS

This kitten is so funny looking. He like the black sheep of the family...literally--he's the only black one, but what is so funny about him...I mean her is that she has the white eye lashes. I don't think I ever realized that cats had these eye lashes until I saw the contrasting color of this one. Then I looked at the others and see they have the same thing, but there's are little more camouflaged. I am also beginning to notice that I think she a different personality. It's like she knows she's different.
These are new of kittens. We had intentions of getting "momma cat" fixed along with our favorite male cat from the first litter. But she was pregnant again and something has happened to him. The kitten have been so wild and thus even hard to catch to give away. So this time we kept her in the house when thought she was ready to have them. We thought about two weeks early was the day. She had them exactly 2 wks and 1 day later (Easter Day). These were taken last week (i posting out of order...I had forgot about these...I meant to post them before the pageant photos.). The kittens are about 10 days old. We are planning to keep one and of course, Momma Cat (her real name is Paris), but Momma Cat seemed such more appropriate since her first litter of kittens. She isn't our pet like Precious. But she has made a great addition to our family (like a farm animal). We have a tendency to have a mouse problem. I think that comes with living in the middle of a cotton field. But she has made that problem almost disappear. So we have decided she is a keeper along with one more. But if anyone else needs a good mouse cat...we have about five available in about 3 1/2 weeks.

The above image: This is all of them minus the black one. I guess Natalie was still holding it when I took this one. That was about a week ago so who knows.

Another one of Natalie holding the black one.

Now she is holding a different one. We try to take turns holding each one when we do hold them. We just want these to be human friendly...not so wild like the first two litters. A close-up holding the other one.
We tried to keep them hid from Natalie for about a week, but it only last a day or so. Anytime she becomes MIA you can find her in the utility room with the kittens. At first it was really cute because I would tell her that her newborns and they are sleeping. She would sit there and sing to them and tell me to be quiet too. But lately she is getting rough with them. The other day (the day we planted the flowers) Momma Cat moved them to Cari's room. It took us a while to find them, but then we didn't let Natalie know that day that we found them. The next day I moved them back to the place we fixed up for her in the utility room. While I was working here on the computer on an order, I noticed her in the corner of my eye. So then I paid close attention to the next time she came by and sure enough she had one in her mouth. She was in the process of moving it. It was the last one. I moved them all back and then shut the door for a while. Since Natalie wasn't here bothering them, I guess she decided it was okay. She was out this morning when Natalie started with them. But Natalie was being ugly to one (I mean rough)...so she already had time out this morning (before 8:00 a.m.). So for now she has forgotten about them (9:15) and she is playing in her toy room.

I am sure I will post more with kitten, but for now that's it.

~~Natalie's Mimi~~

No comments: