Saturday, April 5, 2008

A SMALL TIME CIRCUS COMES TO A SMALL TOWN

Last Saturday, March 29th, this little small time circus came to "our town". We had intended to take Natalie to the Shriner's Cirucs in Monroe earlier this month, but since it was the weekend after Memphis and so much else was going on, we decided to wait until next year. When I saw these flyers for this at local busnesses, I knew we must take her. It was quite the "small time" circus (no animal acts, only one clown, and only a few people doing it all). I can't say the people who put this on weren't good at what they did, but I was disappointed in much of this cirucs...it was much more about making money during intermission with pony rides and balloon jumping, etc. But Natalie had fun and we made some more fun memories. So I am glad that we took her, but I think the next one we take her to will be a "real" circus.


I love, love this images of Natalie and her Poppa with the circus tent in the background. It's a great intro to our little story about our day at the circus, don't you think?
We brought Emma with us too (Emma is Natalie's aunt. She is Brittany's six-year old sister). Poor Emma had to Cari my camera bag so that I could capture them walking up to the circus.
the first act we saw
Randy and Emma watching while Natalie is devouring the cotton candy!
They all seem entranced now.
How do you like this cheezy, blue, cotton candy smile?
another act...
This girl had awesome balance. She is also a talented artist. She is the face paint artist too.


ABOVE IMAGE: You don't see the clown and the rabbit in this act. The clown is dressed as a magician and the rabbit keeps playing drinks on him (hiding, etc). This is Nalalie asking "where is he?"
BELOW IMAGE: This is her looking back at me laughing and telling me how funny it was.
More awesome talent. This girl was talented, but her fearlessness really scared me. She would swing out literlly over the audience (no nets under her)...to dangerous in my opinion.

Chico the clown autographing the coloring books. Emma wanted an autograph for hers. Natalie has no clue about autographs. She's just watching.
The $4.00 pony rides. I counted (4 times around). Oh well...the girls had fun!

Their expressions made it worth it!

Face painting...
Natalie waiting in line for her turn checking out this girl's newly painted design.
Natalie watching Emma.
Natalie cheezing for her Mimi.
Natalie's turn.
I guess I got them out of sequence order. Emma got the horse. It looked great on her.
Natalie sat very still for this.

Natalie picked the pretty flower.
Both girls showing off their designs.
It was a very expensive circus for it to be so simple, but I think the girls had ball and Randy and I had fun watching them!
~~Natalie's Mimi~~






2 comments:

Baylee's Mommy said...

Looks like the girls had fun! The pics are great!

theglenns556 said...

We almost went to that but Dan rode up there to see what all they had and we didn't think it could hold Jonah's attention yet.