Tuesday, June 16, 2009

BACKTRACKING #2: Park in Pineville (04.27.09)

Cari got her braces off on Friday the 24th. They squeezed her in so that she could have them off for prom which meant us making another special trip back to Alexandria to get her retainer. Natalie staying here with us here in Vidalia (both set of grandparents) during the last two weeks of school to prepare for and take finals at LSU. So since Natalie had not had a nap, I thought we could play at the park before heading home. The play time at the park would help that nap come easier to her. So after Cari got her retainer, we headed to the Sonic for ice cream and then on to the park.

I had only been to the park one other time when Cari was much younger with her school group as part of field trip, but I drive past every time we go to Alexandria. Since most kids were still in school, there weren't many people there at all. Natalie had so much fun running for one thing to the next. After I finished my ice cream (Natalie decided she didn't want her fries--which was what she wanted instead of ice cream), I got my camera out. [She did, however, eat some of her cold fries on the way home. Children would definitely rather play than eat when they are hungry!]
So of course, I wanted to have a stop and look at Mimi for some of the photos. Action pics are nice, but a Mimi wants to see her beautiful LITTLE SWEETHEART'S FACE.

This photo of her flip flops in the sand seems to say to me: "summer has arrived".

Not to happy about looking at Mimi. She would much rather be swinging. This little girl loves to swing and has since she was very young.

"I AM looking at you, Mimi!"

Much happier here...

Cari still giving me a "closed-mouth" smile in this one. She is still adjusting to the new clear/plastic retainers that she just picked up at the orthodontist.

She loved this school bus.



It was finally warm enough for Natalie to wear some of her spring clothes. We had so many cool snaps that we had to keep going back to her fall/winter clothes. This was one of the cute little dresses that I bought her very early own from Gymobree's Happy Rainbow line. Doesn't it look cute on her. It goes with the same line the she had on in the Easter pics. And yes, we now that she should wear the plaid top with the plaid Bermuda shorts, but Natalie didn't. Brittany told me that she had two sets matched up...the plaid top with the pink shorts and the plaid shorts with another top, but these days Natalie LIKES TO MATCH THINGS. So we are learning to not give her certain choices!


I do not know what this tube thing is called, but it was like modern style seesaw or something. If anyone knows the of this, please comment and tell me. We are clueless. Needless to say it wasn't funless! LOL We had a lot of fun with this. I play on it too.

A GAME OF MONEY SEE, MONKEY DO

This image should be shown first. While Natalie saw her Aunt Cari playing on these monkey bars and insisted that she help her do it!

GAME TWO OF
MONKEY SEE, MONKEY DO

Natalie's turn.

...down she goes!

Can't seem to contain her enthusiasm in this one.

Since it was about time to go, I asked Cari to take some pic with Natalie. Sometimes (not always since becoming a teen) she is such a good sport!

At this point she was still having so much fun. That is until I tell her we have to leave. Stay tuned for Part Two at the park.
~~Natalie's Mimi~~

1 comment:

theglenns556 said...

So, I think Natalie is a precious little girl and quite a cutie. But, Cari is so beautiful too! I'm glad to see pics of here in here!