Monday, June 8, 2009

MONDAY MEMORY (06.08.09) [last week/weekends highlights]

WEDNESDAY, June 3, 2009: Natalie spent the day with Mimi. Started her day off at the library, a trip to Wal-mart, lunch with Mimi and Poppa, swimming with Mimi, fell asleep enjoying her new books and after naptime, Natalie enjoyed swimming again.

THURSDAY, June 4, 2009: We got up early to go to LSU to see Cari's camp review and bring her home. Of course, Natalie, had to have her own cheerleader uniform. You'll see!

After seeing this (above image) and being told that she can't go down to the floor yet...
...this is what Natalie did next---
NO, SHE WASN'T A HAPPY CHEERLEADER ANY LONGER!

So I showed her this...

And this is her version...

Finally on the floor with the "real" cheerleaders!

SATURDAY, June 6, 2009: Dalton and Chloe's birthday party in Oak Grove. I wanted to get a photos of Dalton and Natalie. Dalton was too busy playing/swimming/sliding (all of the above?) and Natalie gave me this pose (almost Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue?), but for her very cute (not sexy at all...thank goodness!).

SUNDAY, JUNE 7, 2009:
I guess we could get to church on time if I didn't insist on the little mini portrait sessions on the porch before leaving. I really thought I was was doing better yesterday. But after I get in the car, I realized (NOT)! I couldn't resist this one because I thought (unplanned) that Natalie and Poppa coordinated so well. The trim on her dress matched his cotton logo shirt. The hat is almost too small. This is a gymboree set I got her a while back and it was too big. It's a little halter dress that zips on the side that fits snuggly...so it wasn't a dress that could be worn on the big side like a float dress or something else. So finally she gets to wear it...still a little loose, but oh so cute on her! And she insisted on wearing the hat in church too! She doesn't really understand that it's a sunhat! LOL

After we had lunch at La Fiesta, I took Natalie to her other grandmother's house in Vidalia. Randy and I came home and took a much needed nap. What a week we had last week. After our nap, we started cleaning/straightening the house. After several hours of this, while I was back in my room, I heard someone that sounded like Natalie. It was She!
[Friday evening I got out this bag of dance costumes from dance recitals that were Cari's when she was a little girl. I was soooo tired from the day and the previous week that I didn't even take any photos of her trying on each one! She had so much fun. It was fun watching her excitement over these. It made me wonder where was my favorite FIRST costume. I found it, but I wouldn't let Natalie have it. I decided to preserve it (possibly for Cari's daughter) and not add it to the hatbox of Natalie "new" dress up clothes to keep at Mimi's house.]
With that being said, I will go back to what I saw when I came in here: Natalie was wearing one of the costume from Friday night! I was stunned. How was she here and I didn't know and already had on a costume. Brittany said they had been here for about 5 mintues. Man, that little girl is fast! Well, she had to show all these cool costumes to her mommy. Then she insisted that she show her mommy that "blue and pink" one in Cari's closet. She begged to try it on too. Since I am not letting her play with it, I did let her try it on.
This was my favorite pose with it!
Okay, I still have lots of blogging and lots of stories to go with these images, but for now this will wet your appetite for more thus let you know just how busy we've been.
~~Natalie's Mimi~~

1 comment:

theglenns556 said...

cute, cute post! I like catch up posts that document more than one event. Good thing since it seems I am doing lots of those lately!