Wednesday, June 17, 2009

BACKTRACKING #7: Brooke's Graduation Night (05.15.09)

BROOKE'S GRADUATION NIGHT I've posted this image already, but it makes a good FIRST/TITLE image.

Back row: Randy; Middle Row: Uncle Dale, Danny (my brother, Brooke's uncle and Natalie's too), his wife, Maria (my sister-in-law, Brooke and Natalie's aunt), and my Aunt Betty (my mom's sister); BOTTOM ROW: Cari and Natalie (you should know them, of course, LOL..actually I think Natalie is on the middle row, but since was leaning on Cari I chose to list her on the bottom.)
Brooke had many extended family members present for her graduation. I guess it makes it easier when much of your extended family live near your graduating high school. Which was also my graduating high school.
I realized earlier in the week that I would be watching my niece graduate at the same high school, Forest High School, that I had graduated at 25 years ago. I've have been sort of surprised that I have not heard from any of my classmates from 25 years ago since we had a 5, 10, 15 and 20 year reunion. I made the first three, but was unable to go to the last one. I knew there would probably be people there that I knew, but I must admit, that since I have gained the 20 pounds back that I lost last year, that I was hoping that I didn't notice anyone or that I wasn't recognized. Before I even got in the door good, someone spotted me and almost knocked me over with a hug. It was very nice to see Rhonda and we even discussed a possibility of a class reunion, but since not summer is almost over, I don't really see it happening this year.
BACK TO THE BLOG POST ABOUT BROOKE'S GRADUATION...
Randy took one of this group with me in this group.
There was several other groups there...the one with Quincy (my other brother and his family) and then the group of my aunts and family from my daddy's side of the family. Then there were the reserved seats for immediate family on the floor. I wished we could have all been sitting together so that I could have had one group shot.

It was very, very hot in the gym. I forgot the gym had not A/C...though it doesn't surprise me. I just didn't remember it being this hot at my graduation. Here is Maria being a very good AUNT MARIA fanning Natalie. And there's cutie Dalton sitting beside Natalie. Natalie was glad to see him there! She loves him so!

Brooke receiving her diploma...
I liked that the principal stopped with each student when the received their diploma for the photo opt. And I wished that VHS would do the same thing. I know my kids go to a bigger school, but it really wouldn't take THAT MUCH longer to stop for a photo.

Brooke and her mommy, my sister, Jackie. Don't they both have beautiful smiles?

That repeat pic...that's worth repeating (in sequence order), Natalie and her Brooke...

Dalton, Brooke and Natalie...

Cousins: Cari and Brooke (The above image is cousins too!)

Natalie wanted to pose for this one...Dalton, not so much!

My family with Brooke:
me, Natalie, Brooke, Randy, and Cari
Cameron and Brittany didn't get to come.

Natalie just had to try on this new accessory.

If you ever need someone to help you open gifts, Natalie will there in a heartbeat!

If anyone is opening a gift, Natalie is never far away. She thinks it is one of her missions in life to "help you".

Finally Natalie seizes an opportunity to try on the whole graduation attire: cap and gown along with all the coordinating accessories!

Showing Aunt Jackie and Brooke...

FRONT VIEW...

Natalie and the "real" graduate!

She didn't eat much for supper so I guess it was time for some chips. I am not sure where the expression came from...it's not one that I am that familiar with, but I love that I captured it!

Natalie posing with Poppa...

That's the end of the images from Brooke's Graduation night. Isn't it amazing as to how much better and how many more you can capture, when it isn't your child (or almost child). The previous two years was Cameron's and then Brittany's. My mom gets a skip year and then another grandchild graduating. It will be Cari's turn in less than two years now. (WOW...less than 2 years...that gives me a lump in throat just thinking about it.)
I also realize that this was Natalie's 3rd graduation to witness. It's funny that I think she even remembers last years' or either she remembers the photos. Because she asked me on the way there if Brooke would be wearing one of those blue suits (meaning blue graduation gowns like Vidalia's). Of course, I explained that Brooke's would be red. Children are so smart, but leave it up to Little Miss Fashion Queen to be wondering about what color it would be!

I still have more catching up to do, but one BACK TRACK AT A TIME! (only 10 more to go!)

~~Natalie's Mimi~~


No comments: