Monday, June 22, 2009

First Day of Dance Camp in Photographs...and the story behind them

OUR LITTLE BALLERINA PRINCESS FINALLY HAS HER FIRST DAY OF DANCENatalie did not wake up with the enthusiams that I expected, but she did wake on up and start eating her ceral after I insisted she get on up. This expression probably best represents how she feels about being up in the morning (when she doesn't wake up on her own).

Not really awake yet...


And if I remember correctly, this was the one when she was telling me that she was TRYING to eat her cereal.

Natalie still trying to eat...Mimi still tring to document our morning.

Natalie's FIRST BALLET BUN...
(I was quite proud of myself...I did many of those when Cari was a little dancer, but I had not done one in a very long time!)

Posing for our little mini session on the porch before leaving...
No, she doesn't have her ballet tight or leotard on. I discovered last night that we did NOT have pink tights. So we had to leave early to have time to go to Payless (the only store that I knew that would open early enough) to buy tights before class. So I didn't dress her in her ballet attire until I bought the tights. Doesn't she look precious in this little tutu. I bought her this for Christmas from gymboree. I think she has really enjoyed wearing it.
I love this sweet little face so!

She getting a little tired of our session and doing her own thing now!

Gotta have an eyelash image, huh?

"CHEESE"!!!!
It was quite stresssful getting there on time. I thought I have plenty of time and was afraid that I would get to Payless to early. They opened at 9:30 and Natalie had to be at Natchez Ballet Dance Academy at 10:00. By the time, I got her there, I had really broken a sweat.
When we got to Payless, she said, "Is this my ballet?" I explained to her that we had to get her tights first at this store. The smallest they had was medium...which for her little then body was really big and bunched up at her ankles. Oh well...it would have to do. We didn't have much of a choice.
She asked the same questions, we got to the dance school. It was so sweet...so precious! She remained excited about being there. I was a little concerned that she would get clingy at the last minute or something worse (like cry). There was a little girl crying when we got in there. So I decided that I would exit as quick as I got her settled before it got contagious. LOL
I asked Graci's (the little one crying) older sister, Mia, to show Natalie where to put her dance bag. When they were walking back into the studio, I over heard the sweetest conversation...maybe it wasn't a converstation, but oh so sweet. I heard her telling Mia, "I never had ballet before!" I am so glad that I overheard that sweet little statement. That's why even though I am behind catching up with my BACKTRACKING blog posts and have much that I needed to do today while Natalie was taking her nap, that I took the time to document this special FIRST in Natalie's life. Hopefully or the next two weeks, I can get a few more photos of her and do one more post with all of them!


I did not take any photos before class since we were running behind. So I saved the for pick-up time. This is her getting her sucker as she is leaving the class. I love Natalie's expression in this one, such a sincere expression for this special day!

Since Miss Mignon wasn't looking we did one more.

These next few images are for for from technically correct. They are from moments that a mommy/mimi photographer gets more caught up in the moment than what she has learned as a photographer. But just the same, they are OUR precious memories!

So I did a little anitque look for this one...

The next one black and white...

The last one was a little better...so I left it in color.

Over the next two weeks is Natalie's dance camp. I hope to capture a few more images to document this milestone in her life and I will capture many for the review next Friday! So between more BACKTRACKING POST and more of this, you have many reasons to stay tuned to NATALIE'S WORLD.
~~NATALIE'S MIMI~~

No comments: