Friday, September 5, 2008

"DID YOU SAY SALLY?"

NATALIE NAMED HER SALLY!

This image is to represent a little story about Natalie and her baby doll. To my knowledge and to Natalie's mommy's (I asked her this a.m. about this), this is the first time Natalie has named a doll or anything that doesn't already have a name (like Elmo, Dora, Diego, etc.).

It was when I was getting ready to take her to the town to her Nonna's house.

  • Come on Natalie let me fix your hair so you can go to Nonna's house. (Mimi)
  • I can't right now. I am fixing Sally's hair. (Natalie)
  • Natalie, did you say Sally? (Mimi)
  • Yes (Natalie)
  • Is her [referring to her doll] name Sally? (Mimi)
  • Yes (Natalie)

Earlier this a.m., Natalie brought the doll to me so that I could fix her headband (that came with the doll). It is so hard to keep the headband on her little slick head. It slips off so easily. So I guess it had slipped off again after I put it back on for her.

I just thought this was so sweet. She named her baby!

In my book...it doesn't get much sweeter than this.

~~Natalie's Mimi~~

P.S. As I previewed this for the blog, I see her hair bow (headband) slipped off again. It is in her the doll's lap...too funny, huh?


No comments: