Friday, September 5, 2008

LABOR DAY (09.01.08)

LABOR DAY MORNING
We didn't have specific plans since there was this cloud of the storm. It was beginning to rain and we had seen where it had begun to hit land. But what did we know...
I fixed Natalie pancakes for breakfast. We were sort of on a watch and see basis at this point. Natalie had no clue of anything. So did just what she wanted to do...play puzzles. I had previously (the day before) finished organizing her room...something I had been in the process of doing since before she moved to B.R. She found the new place for puzzles and was as content as she could be playing with them...though at one point I heard her frustration with one of them.
Do you see this one that's she's working on? It is quite difficult for me to do. She did this one by herself. I was shocked at this achievement. Next she attempted to do another one like this and lost her patience before she finished it.

This is where the hurricane was at this point. Even though it remained a Category 2. The damage was wides spread. As far as north Louisiana felt the affects of Hurricane Gustav.
Natalie's Nonna called and wanted to know about coming to get her. I was content to keep her the rest of her days here, but I know we have to share her sometimes too. I had already made plans to go into town to pick up milk and cat food. They were completely out of 2% milk at Wal-mart the day before when I was getting groceries and supplies for the potential storm. So I didn't even bother purchasing one of the last 5 gallons of whole milk (which all the bare shelves of the dairy cooler had left Sunday around mid-morning) because Cari will not drink whole milk. And I just plain forgot to get the cat food. So offered to take Natalie since I was going to the grocery store anyway.

Natalie stayed there for the next few days because of us not having any air for several days. She has never had to deal with uncomforts like that yet and I definitely wanted to spare her that.

~~Natalie's Mimi~~

No comments: