Sunday, September 21, 2008

A QUICK TRIP TO GIGI'S HOUSE

I missed this image in the post and realised it as I was viewing this before "publish the post". When Danny and Maria were leaving I remembered to the get the camera out. I didn't get any of Jackie and Denise. They left the night before. And my camera was still in the bag. I am trying to get better about taking photos of the little things like short visits with family.


"ARE WE THERE YET?"


That's what Natalie kept saying about 30 minutes after we left. Eventually we taught her the "I Spy" game to entertain her.


Saturday evening, September 7th, we left here for a visit with family and funeral in Bastrop. It happened to be that some of the other the family was at Mom's too for the weekend. Randy's mom's friend had passed away the day before. Randy had already scheduled his crew to work for Saturday...that had much to do with ginning season just around the corner. So we didn't leave until he finished his day. Since Natalie was still here from the storm, she got to go along for the ride too. Of course, my family was more glad to see her than us. We'll you know what I mean!


So these days I am tryng to remember more to document little things like this. Right after we got there Sat. night Natalie handed books for GiGi to read to her. This was photographed then, but I wanted to remember that moment so I asked them to get a book.




Natalie with Brooke and Aunt Cari.


I didn't actually get a great photo of us looking at the same time. Me looking, but not Natalie.
Laughing at each other...
I saw this for the great opportunity it was...

Now I am smiling good and Natalie's wants to kiss. I really like this one. Not what I was going for, but it will always be very special to me.




Natalie on Papaw's new mower.
Natalie and Papaw
Poppa and Natalie

After we photos, we soon left for our trip home with a promise to stop in Delhi for ice cream sundaes!
We had a great visit with family. I hate that Mr. Cecil passed away and that's Randy's mom is dealing with this loss, but I am glad that we got to see our family and that they got to see Natalie and her see them again. They all love her so much too!
~~Natalie's Mimi~~


1 comment:

Janice Lois said...
This comment has been removed by the author.