Friday, September 5, 2008

LABOR DAY WEEKEND: PART 1 (08.31.08)

PREPARING FOR SOME DOWN TIME BECAUSE OF HURRICANE GUSTAV... okay, I wasn't expecting that much damage...maybe some down time for the satellite...so we would need some movies, of course...
But as I continue to watch the weather channel and listen to the broadcasts and watching all the evacutions, I thought okay let's got get those movies [just in case it wasn't much to it all] and buy some basic food supplies, batteries and such [just in case it gets bad]. During all chaos and all, I forgot to get the camera out at wal-mart, but I did at Video Express.
Oh, she just can't decide!

But I did insist on this one: THE LITTLE MERMAID! For some reason, Natalie loves Ariel. She always has to match her Ariel panties with her Ariel nightgown. She is really into matching things. I don't remember my kids going through that phase...surely they did, but I just don't remember.

And I kept trying to photograph this to document the hurricane route (the roads that we travel every day). Though this time, it was a little diffferent than the usual hurricane route since all of the Louisiana coast was evaucated. It was such a broad area compared to usually either on side or another for a particular hurricane, but not this one. It didn't hit as strong as Katrina, but it's path was very wide spread and seemed to go on and on.

Randy took this photograph for the blog when he left here to get the boat out of the lake. The rest of that story is here:

http://ainsworthremembering.blogspot.com/2008/09/randys-boat-trailer-accident-photos.html

and here:

http://ainsworthremembering.blogspot.com/2008/09/hurricane-gustav.html

The rest of this day continues in the next post.

No comments: