Sunday, September 16, 2007

DADDY COMES HOME: 09-14-07

My favorite close-up of the day!
Cameron made his first trip home since he moved to Baton Rouge four weeks ago. He started LSU August 27th. Natalie and Brittany went down there with her family over Labor Day weekend, but I had already made plans to go to my mom's. We had not gone this long without seeing our child (Cameron) ever. So were glad to see him. We went out to eat at the Duck's Nest Friday evening and we fixed a big family meal to eat here Saturday evening.
I forgot to get the camera out until the end of the meal. Natalie loved the fishes and the bird at the Duck's Nest. We (taking turns to take her) made several trips during the meal to see the bird and the fish. At one point, I did convince her that they were sleeping thus avoiding a few trips to see them. They were running behind with our food so we had time to visit and time to make trips to visit the fish and bird!
The funny expression on her face is her chewing her after-dinner mint (compliments of the Duck's Nest).
Since I forgot to get the camera out during her meal, I took this one of my four babies while Randy was paying the bill. That's Natalie's "cheeeeese" with a mint in her mouth. She loves all candy like her MiMi!
In the car seat during the ride home...
... another one in the car seat.
This is a high five! We were high fiving because Natalie tee teed in the potty at the Duck's Nest. I was telling Aunt Cari and Poppa how proud I was of her. She's not completely trained, but she is doing pretty well...especially when you go somewhere. I think she likes trying out everyone else's potty! Oh well...we were proud. We had a nice visit with Natalie's daddy Friday night and Saturday. I prepared a big meal and I even baked a cake (I felt like my mom!) Kathy (Natalie's Nona) brought the salad and bread for Saturday evening meal. Our families had a nice meal and then us girls (Brittany, Kathy and Jami--me) set the wedding date and worked on getting started with wedding plans. MAY 31, 2008 IS THE DAY. NATALIE and HER MOMMY WILL GET MARRIED TO NATALIE'S DADDY AT LAKE ST. JOHN. I HAVE STARTED PRAYING THAT NATALIE WILL BE ON HER BEST BEHAVIOR THAT DAY. I APPRECIATE ANY ADDITIONAL PRAYERS GOING THAT SAME DIRECTION!


Cameron left Sunday morning as we were leaving for church. He still had some homework due on Monday so he needed to back to Baton Rouge to do that. I know Natalie misses him and so do we (his parents). We had a nice visit. That's it for our weekend. ---Natalie's MiMi

No comments: