Friday, September 14, 2007

09-12-07

This image is my favorite close up for the day. She really, really didn't want to take the time to look at me. She is just too, too busy for that!

If I am going to document Natalie's World...I need to capture the bad as well as the good. While I was here on the computer and she was watching TV, this is what I happend. I asked her what was she doing. She answered honestly, "I give Precious my milk." After I took this, I told her that I hoped that I wasn't confusing her by taking the photo because I do not want her to do that any more...what a mess!
I grabbed the camera again when I realized she had found this old toothbrush in Cari's bathroom (that's what we call it now that Cameron moved out). I thought it was so cute and she did too (I think) before she realized it was hot! She was so proud of herself for putting the toothpaste on it by herself, but this time it wasn't "her" toothpaste. At this point, I realized she was also asking for milk to get rid of the hot taste of the toothpaste.


Some fun with Sidewalk Chalk. It is fun and messy, but at least it washes clean easily. I would draw simple things (my drawing is very elementary...I mean pre-school like). She would identify the items...flowers, heart (valentine), trees, banana, apple, house, swing, slide, triangles, cirles, squares, etc. I ran out of things to draw so I drew more flowers.

This is her running to pet the cat. Check out all the chauk on her! Acutally, then she had to kiss the cat (on her back). She has too kiss everything. It is so cute...except when she started kissing strangers at McDonald's last Saturday night when we went there to play. I guess she is so used to us telling her to love and kiss everyone that she things we literally mean everyone!
Natalie running back to the concrete slab after kissing the cat. Notice the cat looking back at the camera (funny, uh?).
The concrete slab that we used to draw on is a slab that we had poured after Randy had some extra concrete leftover from a job at the gin. It was just a thin layer at the basketball goal to give the kids a little mini court to play basket ball. You can tell no one has had much interest in basket ball in a while. It has cracks and weeds trying to grow through. And of course, many leaves and sticks had accumulated since we last played with chalk out there (early summer). So I brought the broom out there to sweep off a nice section for us to play. And of course, she would rather play with the broom. She does think she is sweeping it clean!
More sweeping...doesn't she look so girl-like in her stance here. She has a daintiness about herself. That reminds me of Cari when she was a little girl. She was always so graceful. Isn't it funny how it doesn't have to be taught to some girls!
Now she is playing monsters with the broom. She has this distintive monster growl that she uses in her voice when talks monster talk.


This is a sweet angle of her. Doesn't she such a pretty sweet face and check out those beautiful eyes lashes.
She really just didn't want to look at me, but I did finally get this cheesy look (the same image at the top of this group of images).
This is Natalie's favorite way to watch TV. We have a plasma TV on the wall and she has loved this chair since she was old enough to climb up and down furniture. I think it is a little lower than the coach & loveseat. Lately this is how she relaxes to watch TV, but she used to sit in the center of the chair with her feet streched out in it...actually the way your suppose to sit in chaise chair like this. From my computer, I couldn't see her. Sometimes I would wander where she was and there she would be...sittting there in the middle of the chair (the back of the chair faces my work area) watching TV.

She may watch too much TV, but I contribute some of it to her being so advanced in some many areas. Since she was a little bitty baby, she and I danced to the theme songs to many of her programs. She can sing all of the Barney I love you song. In the first verse, I hold her and we hug and kiss at the part that says a hug and kiss. The 2nd verse about friends and they show childern and Barney holding hands and swaying together...so that's how she wants to do that verse now. We still hug and kiss too. During that verse, they also show clips of friends and such...in one of the scenes they show a little daushand. She always says that's Rudy (the dog that lives at her other house--they got him this past spring so he is still a puppy). But I don't correct her. I agree it's Rudy!

That's it for this date. I have more a few images to post from Friday night when we went to eat at the Duck's Nest. It was her daddy's first trip home since he moved to Baton Rouge. Natalie and Brittany had seen him two weeks ago when they got engaged, but it had been almost 4 weeks since I had seen my boy (the longest time we had gone without seeing our child). So were glad to see him. We wanted to have a relaxed evening visiting. So we chose the Duck's Next over our favorite place (LaFiesta) because it would be quieter. The other place is so busy these days that it is so loud in there thus not as enjoyable as its used to be and much harder carry on conversation and visit. I was so mad at myself when were getting ready to leave and I realized that I had even got the camera out. I told Randy to remind me! But we were busy visiting and keeping Natalie content! I did get a few images of Natalie and some of all 4 of them outside as we were leaving! Not what I had in mind, but it was better than nothing. Be looking for those soon. ---Natalie's MiMi

No comments: