Thursday, September 6, 2007

LABOR DAY WEEKEND: SEPTEMBER 2005

Natalie meets her great-great grandmother (my grandmother) who is now 86 years old. Natalie was 5 weeks old in the photograph. Grandma's vision is considered legally blind, she does have limited vision and loved meeting her great-great granddaugher.

This is my daddy with Natalie. He loved meeting his first great grandchild. He has always loved babies. He calls them all "Papaw's Baby".

This is Poppa's mom (Randy's mom, Opal). She came from Bastrop to meet her great granddaughter. I feel bad that I don't have photographs, but Randy's dad Leon came earlier and I forgot to get the camera out.

This is my FIVE GENERATION PORTRAIT that I will treasure forever. I love pretty goofy in this one. I think I looked betther in the others, but I think Natlie and Grandma looked better in this one. Since they are the oldest and youngest, I think they count the most. I love my family!



I think (it has been 2 years ago) all the other images were taken on that Sunday afternoon, but this was taken Saturday afternoon. This is Natalie and Conner Sullivan, my cousin's baby boy. My Aunt Norene and Uncle Jerry came to my mom's. There newest family member and his family were also in for the weekend too. This is Todd's youngest of three boys (I assume they gave up on the girl!). Todd is my Aunt's youngest child and Conner is her youngest grandchild, at least he was at the time of this photo. My Aunt Norene and Uncle Jerry have four children and they all have 3 or more children. So I can't keep up with it...not like our family at all. I think Conner was about 1 week or so younger than Natalie.

It was a nice Labor Day weekend sharing our beautiful Natalie with our extended family. She had already met her G.G. at the hospital when she was born. She would love to see her more often and this was our first visit at G.G.'s.

I wished we had more time for visits. I just visited again for Labor Day weekend, but Natalie didn't get to come this weekend. I missed her being there. She had to be with her mommy and daddy. It had almost been 2 weeks since she had seen him. I know it was driving him crazy. I think Brittany is working on a post from their weekend. I am looking forward to seeing it too. ---Natalie's MiMi

No comments: