Friday, July 4, 2008

BEFORE THE CIRCUS!

CARI AND ALEXA ARE EXCITED ABOUT GOING TO THE CIRCUS! I REALLY THINK THEY WERE JUST EXCITED ABOUT GOING TO THE CIRCUS AS NATALIE! I TOOK A FEW PHOTOGRAPHS OF THEM ON THE WAY. I WAS PLAYING WITH CARI'S CAMERA (THE POINT AND SHOOT THAT I BOUGHT FOR BOTH OF LAST FALL). IT HAS TURNED INTO CARI'S...IT JUST CAN'T DO WHAT I WANT OR EITHER I JUST DON'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE IT DO WHAT I WANT...ANOTHER LONG STORY THAT I WON'T GET INTO AT THIS TIME.
I should have taken one of Natalie asleep. I tried to keep her up from her usual afternon nap so that she would sleep on the way to Baton Rouge so that she would be well rested when we got there. It was quite funny because at one point soon after we left, she looked at us with slow blinking eyes and said "I can't keep my eyes open." I never heard her say anything like this. It was like she knew she didn't want to go to sleep because she didn't want to mis the cirucs. It was so sweet. She probably thought the circus was just down the road like the one we saw a few months ago. We told her to relax and that she could go to sleep because it would be two hours before we would be at the cirucs. So soon after that while driving through Natchez, we looked back with her dvd headphones on her head, she was sound alseep!


We all were so excited to be there. This is as we are leaving the parking garage.



Even seeing the cirucs tractor trailor made us more excited and built up or anticipation even more...




...that is until we got there and waited and waited for a while.


We purposely arrived early so that we could go to the "pre-show". But I guess we got there a little too early. We were like the 5th family to arrive and we got a little tired of waiting.

There were several set of doors. Most everyone was lined up at the middle set of doors but Randy stayed in front of another set which did eventually get us in the door just a little quicker.

The really story behind Natalie trying to open the doors: After her trying to open the doors, she ran over to me and was digging my purse. I asked her what are you doing in my purse. She quickly explained her mission..."I'm trying to find the key to open the door."

Did she really think I had the key? I don't know, but how adorable is that!


We might as well pose for another photo while we wait.
And while we were waiting who did we see about 1/2 way down the long line that had accumulated outside the doors...JONAH.
Cari and Alexa went over to say hi and then I sent her aback over to take photos and then I went and spoke to them too. Natalie is smiling. It is often cheesy, but at least she has past that phase that she was going through when I first started blogging...you know that phase where she wouldn't even look at the camera unless I pleaded, begged, and threatened. Maybe it all finally paid off.

When I went over there and saw Natalie, playing with Jonah's toy I was worried that she would have a fit for one too. Read on about Natalie and the toy and the cotton candy.

okay, we're bored...Natalie saw another child playing this with his grandmother so she tired to play with me and then Alexa played it this way with her..."in the middle"

"up high"
"down low...too slow!" It was funny!
Another one of these two peas in a pod!

Okay, I finally have three posts ready to upload from the circus. Yea!


~~Natalie's Mimi~~

No comments: