Sunday, July 6, 2008

NATALIE'S FIRST FOURTH OF JULY

NATALIE HOLDING DADDY'S HANDS... NATALIE'S IN HER HOLIDAY SWIMSUIT HER FIRST 4TH OF JULY!


(Her last, first holiday, July 4, 2006)
I wished I had done this blogging thing since Natalie was a newborn. Gee, I didn't even know it existed until I firt saw Jonah's when he was about 7 or 8 mos. old when he came for bunny portraits. But I can do this...go back and get images from the past and try to give the story behind the images. I do truly believe that images endorse our memories and make the last so much longer than a memory w/o photos.
This particular 4th, I had some of my family to come over something we rarely do. My brother, Danny, at the time was living in Pineville and though we had gotten together several times since they had been living there (I think they lived there almost 3 years), we had not done anything like this...we're all just so busy. But my mom, my sister and her friend, my niece, my brother and his wife and my family had 4th of July cookout here at the house...I am not sure why but my dad and my other brother weren't able to attend.
It was one of those typical 4th that ended up raining at some point...I think while we were swimming. We went to the Tanner's home to use their in-ground pool though we had recently purchase our firt above-ground pool. After the rain, left I think they did play some in our pool. But the following images reflect the time at the other pool. At this age Natalie really enjoyed the water too! Notice she had a great tan through all the sunblock that she was coated with each time we went outside the house.
She is just learning to walk at this time. She is holding her Poppa's hand.




hanging out in the water...she appears to be looking around to see what everyone else is doing.

Making her daddy laugh!
Now making Aunt Cari laugh!

All my four in the pool and my neice, Brooke. I guess I should have had them bunch up and pose, but I guess this is better than nothing.



I do remember this is something she would do. She would spash herself and laugh. But sometime it was like she didn't know who was splashing her. It was really funny!

Now she's making her mommy smile.

I have tried to get better about taking images of everyone at the event or occassion. Blogging is my form of scrapbooking at this time and it really makes you think about capturing more of the little things and images of other people too...not just Natalie...not just the younger ones! But my family (most Randy and Cameron) do complain about the cameras. Cameron got tired of being photographed years ago and hasn't really gotten over it...I really don't understand why (lol).

I enjoyed looking at these images again and I hope you do too!

~~Natalie's Mimi~~





No comments: