Sunday, July 6, 2008

NATALIE'S 2ND INDEPENDANCE DAY! 2007

THIS WAS NATALIE'S 2ND FOURTH OF JULY. I DON'T HAVE MANY PHOTOS. IT IS A LONG STORY THAT I WILL BREIFLY LAYOUT AT THE BOTTOM OF THESE IMAGES FOR THOSE INTERESTED PARITIES.




BUT I WILL TELL YOU NATALIE WAS AFRAID OF THE FIREWORKS AND DID NOT WANT TO GET CLOSE TO THEM.


She wouldn't even do a sparker. I guess it makes sense for them to be scared of them. We try and try to teach them to be afraid of fire and then we say...but hold this! And she has some definite fears (one of which is fire...Good! And the other is bugs...NOT ALWAYS GOOD!) She is deathly araid of any kind of bug. I think about this little girl's lady bug party at 2 years old...maybe at two Natalie was okay with lady bugs since she had the cool book about lady bugs that Carlie gave her for Christmas, but is tearified of bugs even dead ones. And do you know how many dead beatles you find in a pool on a regular basis! EVEN IF IT IS CLEANED REGULARLY! BUT AS CHILD EXPERT WOULD SAY...FEAR IS GOOD FOR A TODDLER!


Brittany trying to show them to Natalie.



Maybe Natalie was too afraid to be impressed but her mommy and Aunt Cari weren't.
I sprained my ankle about a week before this day. It was a really bad sprain and hobbled around on that foot for quite a while. In fact, it was close to Thanksgiving before the swelling finally went away...it didn't stay swollen all the time, but after a long day or lots of walking it would begin to swell. I was beginning to wonder if my ankle would ever go back to it's regular size.


But back to the July 4th, 2007 (last year), we didn't really do that much special. I guess we cooked something on the grill. I don't really remember. I do remember getting a watermelon and eating it. I also remember Randy making a homemade slip-n-slide out of a cotton bale bag. I took the most hilarious sight watching them play on it and I should have those images, but I lost them. I am very meticulous of keeping up with client's images...I have specific work flow, but mine have gotten lost from time to time in the shuffle of the day to activities and clearing out the memory card for a client and not realizing that I had personal images on the camera. At the time, I had two pro cameras, but I usually use one as back up camera, but sometime I used the main one for candid images around here. So what I think...being the operative term...think that, when I was deleting a memory card for my next session that I didn't scan far enough back to realize that my personal images were on it. Again, that's what I think happened. It makes me sad to know that I lost some precious images. There are so many cool things about digital photography that I didn't have around when my were little, but one of the disadvantages is that I have occassionallylost images through the chaos of just keeping things organized (also a much easier task pre-digital and pre-computer age). And sometimes the advantages become the disadvantage as well...like taking way to many photos and then having a hard time finding the time to edit and sort through them and the fact that now we don't print many. But back to another cool thing...I have them on my hard drive and many on back up CDs. In the event that we want to print them, make a slideshow with or post them on the blog from recently or from 2 years ago, they are just fingertips away. I could go on, but you get the picture.

That's it for now. I have more images to post from more activities of the last week or so, but for now I will get back to work on my pressing matters.

~~Natalie's Mimi~~

No comments: