Sunday, July 27, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PARTY DAY

"We did it!"...as Dora would say it! We made it through our 3rd birthday party for Natalie. I haven't even looked at the memory card of over 300 images on it yet. It is 9:30 p.m. and the last guests/family have left. Natalie and her parents have left too. We are all exhausted. Even Natalie told us before she left she was ready for bed. I love that trait about her. I love that she will admit that she is tired and ask to go to bed.
We had a great fiesta. It turned out so beautiful. It was hot...which may have added to the stress some. No wonder Natalie didn't want to leave all the water fun to open her gifts. She was have "too much fun" as the country song goes. I will post images from previous birthday parties and this one later on, but for now I leave you images from a pre-birthday session. I usually do a photo invitation, but it all really slipped upon this year. So I just did something to give out at her party...it is at the botttom of this. I picked a few of them to post.
Enjoy...

I love this next one and hate it. I love that it shows what a beautiful girl she has become and I hate it because she looks 6 years old rather than the almost 3 year old...almost because she still has two days before her real birthday. I hate that she looks so old because she is growing up soooo fast. I just want her to our little sweetheart forever...LITTLE. I guess if she must grow up...she will have be my sweetheart, if she can't be my little sweetheart. The little sweetheart title has really stuck with her now.
Sometimes I will call her another pet name. She will correct me and remind me that she is my little sweetheart...not whatever name I just came up with. I know I am her Mimi, but she really is a sweetheart...who could not fall in love with the little girl. Once you get to know her, you just can't resist her charm.



This was the photo collage that I designed as a keepsake for our party guests. I think it turned out nice.

We had a great day. Natalie had a ball. She was sweet and polite when she opened her gifts...even though she really wanted to be back on the water slide. We had to threaten her with that..."if you don't come open your gifts, we will deflate the slide." The last few gifts almost didn't get opened. LOL

"THANK YOU, GOD, FOR THIS LITTLE SWEETHEART THAT YOU HAVE ALLOWED THROUGH UNDESIRABLE CIRCUMSTANCES TO COME INTO LIVES EXACTLY WHEN DID. SHE HAS BROUGHT SO MUCH JOY INTO EVERYONE'S LIFE THAT SHE TOUCHES. SHE MAKES ME REALIZE WHAT IS REALLY IMPORTANT IN LIFE. I PRAY THAT YOU CONTINUE TO GUIDE AND DIRECT US TO LEAD HER TO YOU." In Jesus' name I pray this to You.

~~Natalie's Mimi~~

No comments: