Monday, October 6, 2008

10.06.08: SUNDAY MORNING BEFORE CHURCH

Natalie wanted to take her baby and her computer (her Leap Frog ABC toy).I hate that I didn't get another photo. One that shows her with the baby doll. She has really shown interest in this baby doll lately. This is the one she named Sally a while back. It is really so sweet seeing little ones imitate their parents and grandparents taking care of babies. Maybe I will get a chance to photograph her today with this baby doll. Last night I showed her how to swaddle a baby. She loved it. It all so sweet it almost make me cry.


Okay, on to the images...Randy and Natalie on our new porch swing (new as in this summer). We have all enjoyed this swing especially Natlaie. I am so loving having a porch and of course, a porch swing...what good is porch without a porch swing?

Natalie and I I actually like myself in the above image. I used to be rather photogenic, but twenty years and more than 20 pounds later...not so much. I wished Natalie had a more pleasant expression, but over all I think this is my new favorite image with her because after all, she is beautiful with or without a smile.



It's funny I make sure I get more photos with her now that I am with her less. But I guess I can use another one of those cliche's...better late than never. I phycially took care of her 3 days a week (or more depending on what was going on with school, ball and other activites) when she was younger (actually her first 3 years). One day when she was about close to a year old, I thought about how few photos that I had of the two us. Now I already had a hard drive full of images of her alone, many with Poppa and even many more with her parents. And being the overthinker that I am, I thought to myself..."what if something happened to me? Would she have any idea of how special she was to me? How much she really meant to me? How special she makes feel being her Mimi feel or felt (in that case). Would others remember to tell her that I was the one that took all those photographs? After expressing this to Randy, he would offer to take my photo with her, but it would always be when I needed my hair washed or just looked plain yucky...not to mention it was more overweight then. So now if I don't feel like it is really bad hair day or whatever, I ask to be photographed with her every chance I get. As evidenced by more recent posts. [If I have shared this little story before, I apologize for the repeat.]



The next two are of Natalie alone. I only did these a just a few more (only 10 altogether...not my typical mini session like normally everytime that I pick up the camera...probably why my family isn't that fond of being photographed), but we were already beginning to run a little late for church and we still needed to stop by Mary's house to pick Cari up from church.



This was is a little softer with natural lighting. Often I prefer natural lighting over flash, and sometimes the other way around, but sometime I like them both. They are just different as in this case:


This pretty smocked dress was a gift from Jonah for Natalie's birthday. On Natalie's birthday, Jonah's mommy was almost here and she remembered she forgot Natalie's birthday gift. So she said thought oh well Natalie probably won't know the different at this age and that she would just give it to her later...not big deal, huh? I totally agree. Natalie received two (twins, huh?) Mermaid Dora dolls (also the same gift left at home). So Nicki decided to take it back and find Natalie something else. This is what she came up with. Great choice! Natalie loved it.


Jonah came her with his parents last week for his two portrait. However, we had to re-schedule them due to the accident that happened earlier that day (his eye was still swollent). Nicki mentioned that the dress has been riding around in her car she she bought it. The very next post that was made on their blog, I noticed it. After Brittany saw it, she too, noticed it and mentioned it to me yesterday.


Nicki, I wished you could have seen Natalie in the nursery yesterday. I didn't actually see you at all...I guess that's what happens when you arrive late and then leave quickly for quick seating for lunch. At first Natalie started of soooo good in church (the best ever). Then quickly she went downhill and said that she wanted to go see Jonah. Nicki, what I really wished you could have seen was Natalie talking to Jonah right after she got into the nursery room. She walked over to him...I didn't catch all of it, but I think she was telling Jonah thank you for her dress. I looked over the and she was up in his face...I heard her say Jonah and I heard her say dress while she was actually holding her dress. Jonah was unimpressed and probably had no clue as to what she was talking about...typical little guy (big one) not knowing a thing about clothes and such and just not really caring either. From being a parent of a little one of both a girl and boy, girls are so much more detailed-oriented from an early age about clothes. It is so cute! But the whole scene was about Natalie thanking Jonah too!

1 comment:

theglenns556 said...

Well, that made me cry! Aren't children so precious? Her new dress fits her personality...bright and cheery! I love the pictures of her on the swing. SO sweet!