Sunday, October 12, 2008

BEFORE THE PORTRAIT SESSION

Natalie "cheesing" it up and acting silly and a little un-cooperative after her bath. I had to remind her of her PRIZE several times. I often send Natalie little "happies" to remind her that her Mimi is thinking about her. It makes her look forward to checking the mail with her mommy. Early this morning she was beginning to exert her will over mine...yeah, that's how I will put it. I didn't want to punish her or even threaten to do so. I wanted to have the full grandchild/granddaughter experience of just fun and excitement...though I won't hesitate to be the disciplinarian when the time calls for it. I just didn't want it to be this day. We had already had so much fun just being together. So I told her if she would be sweet or however I put it at the time, I had a PRIZE for her. I have a basket of just this little things, happies, that I collect to send to her. This particular happy was a little heavy...I really hate to pay a ton on postage sending her these little gifts [normally things like DVDs, paperback books, stickers, etc.] so I thought this would be her PRIZE for the day and in the end I would save on postage too. So as Brittany put it the other day when we were at the restaurant...it's like Natalie's Birthday everyday.
I told her to show it to me. This is what I got (above image). It as a Diego flash/card game thing for learning counting. She loved it and wanted to play it right now. So we stopped and played a few minutes and then told her she could take them home so "her parents" could play with her This next image really made me smile. I had chose this image to show her looking at it and now as I am working on this, I noticed what an interesting express that is. Too Funny!
["Her parents" to tell about her referring to her parents as her parents recently. It just a little too growning for a three hold...I provided the link in case you missed it.]
As mentioned in a previous post, Natalie really got into her baby doll this weekend. It is the sweetest thing. So I want to be sure and capture some images of her being mommy to her. She even told me "I'm her mommy".
I often photograph, parents holding their babies like this. So why not little girls with their babies. [By the way, Natalie had just go of the shower. Her is still wet. I had keep reminding her about the PRIZE to get her dressed for her mini portrait session.]
After I finally succeeded in getting her hair dried and her settled down, she watched some her shows while I got a shower.

Isn't this one sweet?The Little Mommy in action, this her changing Sally's diaper. I love this little nurturing phase. Is so sweet...
As mentioned in a previous post, I am trying to spread out the images from last weekend over the next two weeks. She will be back this weekend and then I will have more new ones. These images were photographed Monday a.m. before I took her back to mommy and daddy.

I enjoyed my time with Natalie more than words can express.

~~Natalie's Mimi~~


No comments: