Sunday, October 5, 2008

10.04.08: Saturday night in Natalie's World

Randy and I had dinner in Vidalia with Natalie, her parents and her other grandparents at their home in Vidalia. Soon after we got their Natalie's Nonna and her decorated a pumpkin with these little parts...sort of like a "Mr. Potato Head". She and Emma had already done the pig and puppy...I think that's what they were.

These next few images are of them decorating Natalie's pumpkin.
So what did Natalie make!
A PUMPKING CAT! TOO CUTE!

After supper, Randy and I came back. I asked Natalie about coming with us. I really wanted her to stay the night and go to church with us. She said..."No, I have t stay with my parents!" It was so funny. But convinced her to come because "her parents" as she interestingly called them (you must admit that this is a bid growny for a 3 yr. old) that her parents were coming too. She still wasn't so sure, but her mommy walked her to the car and buckled up. She was soon very fine with all watching her DVD in the car.

So bathtime was next on the agenda for our evening at home. Last time she was here she played with toys that she had not seen in a while that I found while giving my bathroom a good cleaning or re-organizing. This is one of the toys that I found then too, but we didn't play with then because it was on a taller shelf and I just forgot about it. This was one her first tub toys other than rubber duckies. I bought it for her while she was a very young infant. I found it on clearance at Wal-mart. It said ages 12 mos and up...I think I gave it to her for her first Christmas, but I quite honestly I am not sure. Anyway...it one of those toys that I don't think she has outgrown. It has three little Care Bears with each one on some kind of floating device. They can each slide down the slide and then they have permanently resting place on the toy near the slide. We (and I do mean we) had fun sliding them down the slide!

After much playing (before the water gets any cooler), I remind her it is time to roller over and wash her hair. This is the first reaction I got. Isn't that a cute bottom!!!


Next she rolled around on her back...something she has enjoyed doing in the tub for about as long as I can remember...well, at least as long as she has been old enough to play in the tub w/o assistance. I am glad that I photographed this because I am not sure that I ever have. It's one of those things that's "worth remembering".

She is trying to wrap Precious in a old beach towel that I have been wrapping her in a nighttime before she goes to sleep. Often Precious is a litte cool, but especially this evening since she was groomed the day before. A POSED "CHEESE" WITH PRECIOUS (PRECIOUS DOESN'T LOOK TOO "CHEESY", HUH?)

And lastly she needs to brush her teeth.

Doesn't she look cute in her new Elmo P.J's that I have had in the back of the closet?
That's all I have from the night. Her mommy came in a few minutes later and she didn't want Mimi or Poppa...just her mommy. So I went to bed, but her mommy did have hard time getting her to bed. I think she was just a little overtired!

This was also the first time that Cameron and Brittany stayed the night here since getting married. It was different and reminds me of staying the night at my parents after getting married and moving away. It was nice to visit with all of them. It had been 4 weeks since I had seen my son. It is strange being parents of grown children. But I guess that's our goal in rearing our children... but is is all sort of bitter sweet.

~~Natalie's Mimi~~


No comments: