Monday, June 23, 2008

06.22.08, PART 3: "JUST HANGING OUT WITH FAMILY"


The above images is Natalie, our cousin, Zoe, and my Aunt Diane. Aunt Diane is my daddy's youngest sister. She is only 9 years old than me and probably closer to my age than her brother's (my dad). Zoe is her granddaughter. Well, actually she is her step-granddaughter. She has two son's and neither of them have had children yet and there comes a time in a woman's life that she is ready for a grandchild...so when Zoe came along Aunt Diane just fell in love with her!
Her son, B.J, is about a year and half older than Cameron. I enjoyed his hand-me-down clothes for the few years. Cameron eventually caught up to him in size. I was lucky to have a base start of baby clothes for both my children. Brooke, my niece who often makes appearances here, is two plus years older than Cari. So I had her girl clothes when Cari was a baby.




This is my Aunt Lo and Uncle Tim, from Lakeland, Forida, with Natalie. They are in this week. Almost every summer when I was a child they would come in for a visit for a week. We always look forward to it. All of my daddy's family would get together and visit. Aunt Lo is the oldest of the girls (my dad second oldest) of the five sibs in my dad's family. The visiting is a little different now that we are all grown up. I don't get to see my cousins, Lori and Mark, their children, like we did when we were kids. But since they did always stay most of the time at my family's home while they were in, we continue to look forward to their annual visits and miss them when they skip one like they did last year. It's a great opportunity for our families to get together and eat good food. (Boy, did I eat too much this weekend.)


Natalie enjoying her teaf (that's tea for those of you who haven't heard how Natalie pronounces tea). I don't usually make tea. But Natalie loves it and probably dranked a little more than she should, but certainly enjoyed her GiGi's tea!


Brooke had to work that evening so being a typical teen. She needed a little nap before working the evening shift. This is the 2nd one that I took and she was beginning to wake up.


I didn't photograph every little thing we did this weekend, but I did photograph enough to remember the memories that we made. I truly believe that memories are less likely to be forgotten when we have photos to refresh our thoughts about the events or activties that took place. I am so glad that photography was invented!

~~Natalie's Mimi~~

No comments: