Friday, June 13, 2008

THE "BIG" PURPLE POOL!

OKAY...I ALREADY HAD THE TEXT READY FOR THESE IMAGES. AND I WAS JUST WAITING TO POST THESE IN SEQUENCE OKAY, IT'S OUR FIRST DAY OF FUN IN SUN. THE WEDDING IS OVER. NOW WE CAN PLAY, BUT FIRST YOU'VE GOTTA PUT ON THE SUNBLOCK. WELL, IN THIS CASE IT WAS MINE AND CARI'S SUN "OIL" WITH VERY MINIMUM SUNBLOCK. NATALIE IS PROBABLY ALREADY DARKER THAN ME AND CARI AND I KNEW SHE COULDN'T REALLY GET OUT VERY MUCH...SO I LET HER TRY! (AGAIN NOT THE BEST IMAGE IN THE WORLD, BUT IT'S OUR MEMORY AND I DON'T WANT TO FORGET IT. IT'S OFTEN HARD TO DOCUMENT OUR MEMORIES AND ALWAYS HAVE PERFECTLY COMPOSED IMAGES. IN THE END, THE MEMORIES COME BEFORE THE "PERFECT" PHOTO! DON'T YOU AGREE!)

NATALIE POSING WITH THE ABOVE MENTIONED "SPRAY".
So what's the story on the "big" pool? I know you must be curious because as you can see this is not a big pool. The first monday of our summer (the monday after the wedding, the day I took Cari to the church to leave for church), I went in search of a kiddie pool for Natalie. It was time for some fun in the sun! Every kid at some particular age decide that bigger is better. The biggest piece, the biggest toy, etc...you get the picture. Knowing that Natalie is aware of this at this particular age, I try to prepare her that we won't be getting a big pool. I recently purchased a new SUV. It is much smaller...well not extremely, but definitely smaller than an Expedition. So I was trying to prepare her on the fact that I would have to get the size that I could fit in it. So when I told her that we wouldn't be getting a "big" pool because it had to fit in my car. She says "NO!" She wants a big pool. So after paying for it and driving over to it outside of Kmart, I was preparing her again. I get the same line. So I told her it was a "big" pool...well, it is compared to a Barbie pool, uh? So she was satisfied. She was getting a BIG PURPLE POOL. AND THAT'S WHAT SHE TOLD HER POPPA THAT SHE HAD WHEN WE GOT HOME WITH IT. OF COURSE, HE THOUGHT IT WAS VERY FUNNY. THIS IS PROBABLY THE SMALLEST POOL I HAVE EVER BOUGHT MY CHILDREN (EXCEPT FOR THE BARBIE POOL...LOL).

I missed the shot of Precious drinking out of the pool just before this one.

my silly little sweetheart!
When she ran off wanting to get in her blue swing over the deck, I saw the slide. So talked her back to the pool with the new adventure of the slide.
her silly fun face...

Okay she finally had enough.

After the fun in the sun, a good bath and hair washing, I put on a Dora DVD while I took a quick bath. I knew her Nonna was coming soon to get her so I didn't really want her to take her nap yet. I peeked at her as much as possible while quickly getting ready for my shower, then taking it, etc. The last I looked she was still awake watching Dora...just a few minutes later, I got a call, her Nonna was outside at the door. I looked back out and she had fell asleep. She wasn't deep asleep, so she woke up and went to stay the next few days with Emma and Nonna.
That's it for now. Keep looking. I hope to post a few more images of Natalie and all of her recent activities in the next few weeks.
~~Natalie's Mimi~~

No comments: