Thursday, August 28, 2008

From Small Beginnings, Come Great Things.

How true is this! Any parent/grandparent knows this is true.
  • While working on a birth announcement very late Monday night, I accidently learned something very siginificant in photoshop. It's was one of those little mysteries that I just couldn't figure out on my own...though in retrospect it seemed so simple. If I had been to a professional class (I usually go to one week long class once a year, but because graduation last year and wedding this year I haven't been in two years), I am sure I would have asked the instructor or even a classmate. Some people just seem to grasp the concepts of photoshop so much easier than me...those same people didn't have a problem programing their VCR years ago and those same people can figure out things about computer, electronics, etc. --things that I can't dream of understanding.
  • Over the last few years when I have that I have less and less time to be creative, I have purchased a few templates for collages and greeting cards, etc. I even get some of them free from a particular photography forum that I am a member. So I have collected a few, but some of them I just couldn't get past this certain point and I haven't used a lot of them and some of them, I found another way to use and but some I just couldn't get. So after I accidently discoverd this step, I started going through my template files and playing. I got so excited thinking...realizing how much time this would save me. How much simplier it will be to offer clients collages. I usually do it anyway, but spend way too much time working on them. Now something I really needed...a quicker way to do something that I normally do.
  • While I was playing...I mean learning, I ran across this template. I have never used it. So I should, right?
  • And how sweet it turned out. It is so amazing to see how much a child changes in 3 little short year. Natalie is just over a month in the infant photo and the other one was photographed back the end February (2 yr. and 7 mos.). She went from a precious baby to a beautiful little girl in such a short.
  • I am so lucky to a part of Natalie's World!
~~Natalie's Mimi~~

No comments: