Sunday, August 10, 2008

SOMEONE WHO LOVES NATALIE WENT TO CONZUMEL

"Someone who loves me very much went to Cozumel Island and got me this t-shirt"...that's how this tee read that Poppa picked for Natalie while in Cozumel on the recent Carnival cruise to Mexico. He was torn between the "I'm the boss" tee and the "princess" tee, but decided on this one. Natalie was quite pleased with it and wore it home that night.
This is Natalie showing her new tee to Mimi and Poppa admiring her in the background. Cute, uh?

Natalie giving Poppa a hug for bringing her home a cute tee shirt!



After Poppa picked out this shirt, Mimi found one that she couldn't resist...

I love this expression...it is her "soooo excited" expresssion...

Poppa loved this one of Mimi. I'm not too fond of it, but again I love Natalie's enthusiasm...so here it is...

"Okay, smile for the camera with your new Dora/Diego shirt!"


The funny story behind this tee was that Natalie asked if I got a her a Dora or a Diego shirt. I don't know if when I was mentioning to her that I had a gift for her that it would be some kind of shirt or if she just assumed it from past gifts. It was soooo funny to me because it was a Dora and Diego tee. She loved it!

We each bought Natalie a gift from Mexico. Cari loves clothes shopping, of course. So she found this darling Mexican halter dress in Progresso when she, Randy, and my neice went back shopping after we came in from our beach excursion. I had developed a really sick headache/sinus attack/nausea and I knew that being rushed to shop in an hour and a half was only going to make it worst. So I stayed in the cabin and took a nap. I am so glad I did because I felt much better the rest of the evening.

This image was the best I got of Natalie modeling are new halter dress from Mexcio. It was a perfect color for her skin tone and eye color.

Precious stayed with a friend who is also her groomer while we were away. So she was so glad for us to be home too. She had to get in on all of this action.

She jumped right into Cari's lap.
Okay, if you had not heard or didn't know. We took another cruise to Mexico last week. It was a much different cruise....not the honeymoon type cruise that Randy and I took early this year, but a family vacation cruise. Since Cameron and Brittany went for their honeymoon, we ejoyed so much we paid for half of their trip and wanted to take Cari too. I really wanted to take Natalie too, but I was afraid it would interfere with some of the activities that Randy and Cari wanted to do (like snorkeling). The last cruize that we went on was mostly older people and thus we were also afraid that a little one at dinner every night would bother other people. But I guess since it was a week before school started back, it was "family-vacation" cruise week. There were more families than I could believe...lots of children. So I was really wishing I had brought her.

Oh well...too late now. Maybe next year!

I did take lots of images...between my camera, Cari and mine (the point and shoot camera) and my niece's camera. I had over 600 images. So, of course, I haven't gone through them all and I don't think I would post them on Natalie's blog anyway. I have been considering starting a family blog since Natalie will soon be moving to Baton Rouge I won't be as big a part of "Natalie's World" on a day-to-day basis (and yes, that breaks my heart as I type that information).

I plan to start the new blog tomorrow. I could have it begin with the vacation images, but I think I want to begin with a new milesone...Cari's first day back-to-school. It's not as significant as last year...last year was her first day of high school, but each first day of a new grade is a pretty big deal. I still remember thinking on Cameron's first day of high school that he only had three more first days of school. Now here I am in the same position with her...three more first days of school and tomorrow is one of them!

I will probably add a link to this post once I start it so that you can find it easily. Brittany also plans to start a bog for Natalie in Baton Rouge. I am so excited about that. I want her to take lots of pics so that I won't miss a thing. Again, my heart breaks and tears swell up in my eyes as I think about not seeing her daily. But I am looking forward to seeing "natalie's world" as viewed through her parents eyes. I will also add the links to that when I know it. Brittany told me yesterday when we picked Natalie up that she had started it, but didn't have anything on it yet. She is probably wants to begin with their move down there...which I think is about a week away (more tears).

For now that's it. I have another quick post I will try to add later, but I must get back to the laundry. It amazing how much laundry that I still have to do and I have been at it all day!

~~Natalie's Mimi and Cari's Mom~~


1 comment:

theglenns556 said...

Welcome home! Hope you had lots of fun!