Wednesday, August 13, 2008

LITTLE SHORT STORY...

THIS IS A LITTLE STORY ABOUT NATALIE AND HOW SHE THINKS SHE CAN AND SHOULD DO EVERYTHING WE DO...OR ACTUALLY IT WAS A LITTLE CONVERSATION THAT TOOK PLACE BETWEEN THE TWO OF US A FEW DAYS AGO:

    • NATALIE--"What are you doing, Mimi?"
    • MIMI-- "I am changing the batteries." (I am referring to my cordless mouse.)
    • NATALIE-- "I wanna do it."
    • OKAY...HERE COMES THE CUTE/FUNNY PART:
    • MIMI--"It's very hard to do."
    • NATALIE--"It's soft for me."

What can you say but...LOL!

THE REST OF THE STORY...

    • NATALE--(in reference to the batteries that I am removing) "Is that one yuck?"
    • NATALIE-- (after the batteries have been changed) "It works now!" with her wonderful, typical Natalie enthusiasm. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!

And, of course, I did find a way to let her help me.

She has been going through the phase of what i call I-DO-IT-MYSELF for quite a while now...probably since she just before she turned two. But from time to time it has slacked off where it wasn't quite as important. I always try to encourage it or rather let her do it...that is when we aren't running behind or going to be late, etc. Because I believe that's how they learn to do it themselves and it is how they build confidence in themselves. Though sometimes you just do not have the time...like yesterday when she wanted to walk down the stairs. We just didn't have the time because we were trying to leave to take Cari to school. By the time we got in the car, she was crying about me scooping her up so that we could be on our way. So she was determined to do something herself....so then she wanted do her own seat belt...even on the best of days...she can only do parts of it, not all of it. Again, I had to take over, she cried again. She finally got content once she was settled into the car watching her DVD...though that didn't start out smooth either. She wanted a different show than what she had, but after a few minutes Cari and I could hear her back there laughing at Little Bill. Isn't it cute when they develop a since of humor and we can use it to ease her out of a bad mood?

Sometimes life can be quite complicated dealing with a toddler, but overall OH SO MUCH FUN!

~~Natalie's Mimi~~

No comments: