Tuesday, August 19, 2008

"I WANNA GO TO BATON ROUGE."

"I WANNA GO TO BATON ROUGE" that's what Natalie said yesterday on the way back to their apartment.

For the last few weeks, I have been telling her that she is moving to Baton Rouge with her Mommy and Daddy. The other day when Cameron brought her here, he was was wondering how she knew she was moving to Baton Rouge. Well, her Mimi told her, of course!

I would also tell her that we are going to miss her. I hope she misses us some too, but for mostly I hope she and her parents settle well into their new home, new school schedule and new daycare/pre-school. (I am plan to go get a web cam this week. I know she is going to grow so much from one visit to the other. She certainly seemed to while we were away on our 5-day cruise.)

This is the rest of the story behind the title:
Yesterday, we helped move them to Baton Rouge into their new apartment for LSU students that are couples, family and grad students. Cameron and Brittany had already expressed their anxiety over the "small" place. We were pleased that once they begun to see their things in there that it wasn't as small as they thought. It was neat to see this blank place (should have done photos of that) transform into their first home.

At the end of the day, we (Britt's mom, Britt, Natalie and I) went to the big super wal-mart on College Dr. to buy some things for the apartment. Her mom wanted to get her some things like garbage cans, storage baskets, etc. and I wanted to get them started on groceries: milk, sandwich meat, paper towels, paper plates, bread, etc. and some food that I know Natalie enjoys eating when she is here like instant oatmeal, del-monte peaches, fruit snacks, yogurt raisins and some other things that are coming to my mind at this moment.

It's was a fair as it could be when we left for the store as it was on the trip down there bringing the flat-bed trailer. We were concerned about getting caught in rain as was predicted. Well, we didn't totally miss it. The bottom fell out of the sky while we were shopping. We got totalling soaked taking their bags up the stairs (3 flights...they're on the 3rd floor). Okay, I just had to throw that end too.

While we were driving back (in the rain storm), Natalie says:
"I wanna go to baton rouge."
I explained to her we're in Baton Rouge. I am not sure how we came to the conclusion, but we soon realized that she thought their apartment was Baton Rouge.

The things they say are so cute and funny. I love it!

I have more photos, but of course, they aren't ready to post yet either. I took some of Natalie and Emma playing on the LSU playground and of the apartment before we left. I even looked at them yet since I haven't been up that long and I need to get after it around here, but I wanted to share this story before I did and before I forget it.

More posts regarding the last few days coming soon.

~Natalie's Mimi~

No comments: