Tuesday, August 26, 2008

GREAT NEWS!

GREAT NEWS!
Thank you for all the prayers. It has upset me so much know ing that Natalie has been crying when they took her to "school". Today she didn't cry! Praise the Lord! Thank you, God, for hearing our prayers.
  • Brittany called me this morning after she left Natalie. Today (08.26.08) was her first day to not cry when her mommy left her at her new "school". I know it has been a transition for her and I know it has been hard on her parents too.
  • Last week was her intro week. She went Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. Monday, they were moving and Thrusday, they had to come here to have their cars repaired. I think on all three of those days they took her together and again yesterday I think they took her together. Today Brittany took her by herself. [not that had anything to with it] Last week they would hang out with her until she eased into the days activities and when she was consumed with what was going on, they would slip out. Everyday she got great reports that she was doing well. But the next morning she would tell them that she didn't want to go and that she didn't want to play with her friends. That's what always called daycare. I would ask if she wanted to go play with her friends.
  • Yesterday, was the first day they had to leave her crying. They had their first day of classes. So they left quickly even with her crying. She got great reports again and even Natalie was all excited about the day. Natalie was telling stories and all kinds of things about her new friends (according to Brittany). But Brittany wasn't expecting much different. So this morning she was still okay, not as excited and little upset about leaving while Mickey Mouse Clubhouse was still on. But after Brittany briefly explained it to her she was fine. And she was fine when she took her and left her!
  • I am so glad the Brittany called to tell me and I think it is sort of what set me off to a much better day than what I have had lately. Brittany also told me that it sort of made her cry too. And I must admit...me too. I remember experiencing something almost exactly like this with mine too. I will save it for another story tomorrow on Worth Remembering.

It is so Bitter Sweet when they do finally become independant. You're happy for them; that they don't need you, but your sad for the same reason. Of course, that is our job as parents [to raise happy, independant children].

~~Natalie's Mimi~~

No comments: